The Balanced Body – Bottom Heavy March 10 2014
This can sometimes be a tricky area to camouflage cleverly. It is all about balancing the body appropriately. Where you balance your body to give a perfectly hour glass shape is at your shoulder and hip area. If your hips are slightly bigger than your top half I would suggest following my practical styling tips below.
- Go for detailing around the shoulder area to help extend your shoulder line
- Wear shoulder pads or a padded bra
- Keep the bottom half very plain and simple as to not distract the eye downwards
- Layer on top
- Purchase jackets with wider lapels
- The darker the jeans the more slimming
- Boot cut jeans are best
- Good cut and well tailored trousers
- Heels will lengthen and slim your look
Avoid: High waist heavy pleating on skirts, boxy jackets, baggy tops, tapered pants, darts or detailing to upper half of trousers.
Here are a sample of dresses that would flatter this problem area which are available to buy on line now!
|Leah Navy Dress||Diana Dress Shocking Pink||Atherton Dress Blush Pink||Orion Dress|
Happy Shopping x x x